1:4.5 MM40 Exocet
These are preliminary instructions only! This kit is currently in beta testing and has not been released yet.
This kit is capable of use with high thrust motors, therefore, it is strongly recommended that epoxy be used throughout the construction of this kit.
1724 W. Great Oak Dr.
Tucson, AZ 85746
Since Cosmodrome Rocketry cannot control the use of our products once sold, Cosmodrome Rocketry cannot be held responsible for any personal injury or property damage resulting from the use or misuse of our products. The buyer assumes all risks and liabilities therefrom and accepts and uses our products on these conditions.
Jump to the following steps:Parts List
Step 1: Forward MMT ring
Step 2: Aft MMT ring
Step 3: MMT installation
Step 4: Tube slotting
Step 5: Aft fin sanding
Step 6: Aft fin installation
Step 7: Forward fin sanding
Step 8: Forward fin installation
Step 23: Finishing
- Fill in the spirals in the body tube.
- Coat the nose cones with a sanding sealer to remove the grain of the wood.
- Coat the inside surfaces of the tubes with thin CA. Sand the motor mount tubes until the motors fit.
- Paint scheme:
Step 24: Flying
- Insert recovery wadding and loosely pack the sustainer parachute.
- Install the nose cone.
- Select a motor according to the most up-to-date recommended motor list available at http://www.cosmodromerocketry.com
- Disposable motors:
- Build up a thrust ring on the aft end of the motor(s) using 1/2" masking tape. Wrap tape around the motor(s) until it is at least as thick as the motor mount tube.
- Reloadable motors:
- Assemble the motor according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- The thrust ring is built into the aft closure of the motor, no tape ring is needed.
- Install the motor into the motor mount tube.
- Slide the washer over the engine retainer.
- Thread the nut on the engine retainer and tighten against the motor(s).
- Install the igniter according to the manufacturer's instructions.